Want do you get when you spiralize sweet potatoes?
Poodles! They’re mighty tasty too. You can easily deceive someone into thinking they’re carrots as well 😉
I decided to use the spiralizer the second time around and let me tell you, this handy gadget was no easy feat with a sweet potato.
Since a potato is uneven, the turns, twists and elbow grease that went into spiralizing felt like a work out. Fret not, there’s a way around it!
Tip : When using a spiralizer, press down to gain more grip. Also try cutting it in half for easier handle.
This recipe was sweet and tasty.
What You Need :
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes
- A Cup of Broccoli (heads trimmed and made into small florets)
- 1 Sweet Red Pepper ( thinly sliced)
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic
- One Medium Onion ( diced)
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Tamari Sauce (a few tablespoons sprinkled throughout)
- On medium high heat, use a wok (or skillet) adding olive oil to the rim. Add in chopped onions, garlic, followed by broccoli and red pepper. Toss frequently for about 7-10 mins.
- Add in Tamari sauce to prevent the bottom from sticking. Add in sweet potato noodles
- Sprinkle salt/pepper to taste and Tamari sauce. Stir frequently for 7 minutes
- Serve and Enjoy!
Have you ever used a spiralizer on sweet potatoes? Did you try a similar recipe? Let me know in the comments below!